YSR Pelli Kanuka Application Procedure | Benefits | Eligibility: Marriage, one of the most traditional rituals followed in India. But because of poor financial conditions, a few teenage girls are refusing to get married. To avoid this scenario in the state of Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy initiated a scheme which is YSR Pelli Kanuka/Jagananna Pelli Kanuka. The intention of this scheme is to provide financial support to brides of various castes for their marriage events. With the launch of this scheme, a marriage of daughters in the AP state will not be considered a burden to the family.
So, this article clearly explains the step-by-step process of applying for the Pelli Kanuka scheme, eligibility criteria, required documents, and selection procedure also.
- You can Also Check YSR Vahana Mitra / Auto Driver Scheme
- You can Also Check YSR Rythu Bharosa
- You can Also Check YSR Cheyutha
- You can Also Check Manabadi Nadu Nedu Phase 2
- You can Also Check Jagananna Gorumudda MDM / Mid Day Meal Scheme
YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme Features
The crucial features of the Jagananna Pelli Kanuka scheme are:
- Through this scheme, applicants can have sustainable development in the society that further enhances their living standards
- Girls who live in financially weaker sections of society are only eligible to avail of the benefits provided by the scheme
- Eligible beneficiaries will receive incentive directly to their bank accounts
Before applying for the Pelli Kanuka scheme, applicants should meet the below-mentioned eligibility conditions and those are:
- An applicant has to be a permanent citizen of Andhra Pradesh
- By the date of marriage, the age of bride and bridegroom should be 18 and 21 years
- The total family income has to be less than 2 lakhs per annum
- Applicant should hold a white ration card issued by AP government and they should be under BPL category
- The location of the marriage is to be in Andhra Pradesh only
- Divorced and widows are not eligible for this scheme
YSR Pelli Kanuka Required documents to be submitted
Brides will receive financial support from the AP government only when they enroll their marriage in the district court. However, newly married couples also receive the scheme benefits by enrolling their marriage via the official act of special marriage in the state. In addition to these, applicants must submit few documents in order to avail the advantages which are:
- Birth certificate
- SSC certificate mentioning the date of birth of both bride and groom
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- First-page copy of the bank passbook or bank details
- Income certificate of bride and groom
- Caste certificate
- Marriage invitation
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photograph
Application Procedure for YSR Pelli Kanuka scheme
The step-by-step process to apply for this scheme is
- Open the official website http://ysrpk.ap.gov.in/
- Download the application form from the website and fill up all the details
- On entering the details, submit all the required documents along with the application form
- Rural location applicants have to register for the scheme before 5 days of the marriage date. The registrations can be done through help desks at Mandal Mahila Samakhyas or Velugu offices.
- Urban location applicants have to register for the scheme before 5 days of the marriage date. The registrations can be done through help desks at MEPMA municipalities.
YSR Pelli Kanuka Procedure for Application Status
To find out the application status, the steps to be followed are explained below
- Visit the authorized website of YSR Pelli Kanuka
- Select the option of “Know Your Application Status”
- Enter Aadhar card number of either bride or groom and click on the ‘Get Status’ button
- The next page displays status of the application
Jagananna Pelli Kanuka Amount List
|S.No||Name of the Scheme||Incentive Amount||Category|
|1||YSR Pelli Kanuka (S.C)||Rs. 40,000||Social welfare|
|2||YSR Pelli Kanuka (S.C Intercaste)||Rs. 75,000||Social welfare|
|3||YSR Pelli Kanuka (Giriputrika)||Rs. 50,000||Tribal welfare|
|4||YSR Pelli Kanuka (S.T Intercaste)||Rs. 75,000||Tribal welfare|
|5||YSR Pelli Kanuka (B.C)||Rs. 35,000||B.C welfare|
|6||YSR Pelli Kanuka (B.C Intercaste)||Rs. 50,000||B.C welfare|
|7||YSR Pelli Kanuka (Dulhan)||Rs. 50,000||Minority welfare|
|8||YSR Pelli Kanuka (Differently abled)||Rs. 1.00,000||Differently-abled|
|9||YSR Pelli Kanuka (APBOCWWB)||Rs. 20,000||AP building and other construction workers welfare board|
The amount of YSR Pelli Kanuka varies depending on the caste and category of the married couples. Here, is the list of incentives provided to the bride based on category.
Sanctioning Authorities of the scheme
This scheme is even implemented at a very ground level corresponding to the state locations. The Panchayat Raj section along with the Secretary executes this scheme in the rural locations. Whereas in the urban locations, either Municipal administration or urban development department handles the execution of this scheme. At the state level, the YSR Pelli Kanuka scheme is managed by the director of the backward classes welfare department.
YSR Pelli Kanuka Mobile Application
One can even attain the benefits of the YSR Pelli Kanuka scheme all the way through the mobile application. The procedure to register for this scheme is explained below
To download the mobile application, open the official online portal of YSR Pelli Kanuka.
- On the homepage of the online portal, click on the option of “Download Mobile App”
- On clicking this button, the mobile application gets downloaded to your mobile. Follow the next steps same as mentioned above
On the whole, this is the detailed information about Jagananna Pelli Kanuka which stands as great support for every bride in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Get to know more information regarding this scheme either by subscribing to our daily alerts/notifications or have a daily visit to our SwachhVidyalaya.