YUVIKA Registration Apply for ISRO Young Scientist Program isro.gov.in: YUVIKA (Yuva VIgyani KAryakram) is a special program organized for school children called young scientists with an annual space education and training founded by ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization), Department of Space Funding. The main idea of the Indian government is to inculcate and nurture interest in youngsters about space technologies. The program is announced by ISRO’s chief K.Shivan officially on 18th January 2019. Sivan announced that students from rural backgrounds will be given preference.
The 9th class completed students and new students of the 10th standard are eligible to apply. A two weeks training program will be conducted including invited talks by scientists with scheduled lab and facility visits in the country. The ISRO conducts expert sessions that carry discussions with Space Technologies experts. Feedback and practical sessions are also determined to organize by the Indian Space Research Organization for students.
A minimum number of participants will be selected from each state or Union Territory. The program is planned at five ISRO centres viz. Thiruvananthapuram, U. R. Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), North-East Space Application Centre (NE-SAC), Shillong, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Ahmedabad, National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Bengaluru, and Space Application Centre (SAC). At last, the participating students will be given the opportunity to visit Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
During the entire course material, lodging and boarding, etc., will be borne by ISRO. The participants of the program will be provided with II AC fare to and fro by train from the nearest railway station to the training place. The pickup and drop of II AC train tickets will be given free to one guardian or parent from the reporting centre. If the parents do not avail of the tickets, the amount will be reimbursed.
YUVIKA Program Selection:
- Class VIII obtained marks will be considered.
- Last three year’s participation in science fair (district/ school/ state & above level organized by school/state/ district/ Central government authority)
- Last three year’s attained prizes in Science/ Olympiad competitions and equivalent (1 to 3 ranks in last 3 years of school /state/ district & above level)
- Last three year winners in sports competitions conducted by Govt. School/ Institutions / Registered Sports federation (1 to 3 ranks in last 3 years at school/state district & above level). Online game winners will not be considered.
- Member of Scout and guides/ NSS / NCC in the last three years.
- Online quiz performance of students.
- Students studying in schools in the panchayat area will be given special weightage.
ISRO YUVIKA Registration:
- Visit the website https://www.isro.gov.in/
- Search for the link “Registration for YUVIKA”.
- The email ID of the applicant should be registered using the link given on the website.
- The candidate will be provided with a link to the quiz by entering their email ID.
- Using the email, the applicant should participate in the quiz within 48 hours of registration.
- Log in to the “Yuvika” Portal after 60 minutes of submission of the quiz and proceed to fill in all the mentioned details.
- Submit and save the filled form.
- Upload the necessary documents as required.
Student’s Aadhar card or any other card, Marks list of 8th class, Domicile Certificate, Receipt of 9th Class Admission or School ID Card, or School ID Card and Residential certificates are necessary to complete the YUVIKA ISRO registration process.
The overall procedure steps for application to YUVIKA s provided to users by our website www.swachhvidyalaya.com. Applicants who want to know about any of the schemes or applications can subscribe to our website. By clicking on the bell icon that is present on the right side of the page. Interested students or parents can apply to the ISRO YUVIKA and get the benefits of the program.