Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya – The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India launched ‘Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya’ (SBSV) initiative in 2014 to ensure that all schools in India have access to separate functional toilets for boys and girls. The initiative also has its emphasis on promoting safe and appropriate hygiene practices in schools and behaviour among children.
The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar was instituted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in 2016 to recognize, inspire, and celebrate excellence in sanitation and hygiene practice in schools. The explicit purpose of the awards is to honour schools that have undertaken significant steps towards fulfilling the mandate of the Swachh Vidyalaya Campaign.
The Swachh Bharat Vidyalaya may be a scheme which was haunted by the government to encourage cleanliness in schools. To market this idea, they are going to invite schools to register and those that are found proper in the arrangement are going to be rewarded.
- Also Check Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan
Swachh Bharat Vidyalaya Launch Details:
The scheme, Swachh Bharat Vidyalaya is launched in the year 2016-2017. This scheme was announced by honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself. This is also a part of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan which was launched with the same maxim.
Features Of Swachh Vidyalaya Scheme:
- All the schools and the educational institutes around the country which were participated in this scheme are rewarded for adopting cleanliness and hygiene methods in their premises.
- The main maxim of this scheme is to make sure that the schools, and that they are teaching the children about the cleanliness of their surroundings. With this agenda, this scheme is started in 2016.
- As a result of this scheme, the girl children also will not stop getting to the schools in the part-way. They provided by the hygienic systems that will help to stop spreading diseases.
- This Scheme is a part of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan which was started in 2014, started its operations from 2016 onwards. It is being renewed for the subsequent phase which is from 2017-18.
- The parent scheme features a target to urge the entire nation to clean and sanitized by the year 2019. Schools in which the students learn cleanliness aside from getting basic education is targeted for a reason.
- In India, 35 states participated in this scheme from the year 2016 to 2017. More than 640 schools and another 172 schools were chosen by the states for a national award.
- The previous year, only government schools could participate in this scheme but in the present year, it has been extended to private schools also. This is the main reason for the increase in the number of participants in this scheme.
- Approximately 2, 68,402 schools have been applied for this scheme this year.
How the Schools would be Awarded of swachh Vidyalaya puraskar?
- In this scheme, the schools are going to be ranked and awarded on the national level by the central government of India.
- The ranking will be given on the basis of cleanliness, water supply, hand wash, sanitation, maintenance, behaviour and other things related to swachh or cleanliness.
- This is going to be the first time in India where the schools will be ranked and awarded on the basis of hygiene and sanitation.
Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar Registration Process:
There is only online registration for this swachh Vidyalaya puraskar. Schools which want to participate in this scheme need to register under the official web portal of Swachh Vidyalaya which is under the supervision of Ministry Of Human Resource Development. There are some easy steps to register under this scheme on the official website: swachhvidyalaya
Steps to register under swach vidyalaya:
Step 1: Enter the official website in your browser. Now there is a tab named as ‘Apply’ in the homepage of the site. The applicant needs to click on the Apply tab to proceed.
Step 2: After clicking on the Apply tab, the applicant will be redirected to the options for ‘how to apply’ for the swachh Vidyalaya puraskar. Click on the ‘Online Survey’ option which under option B. This will help the applicant to get the registration form.
Step 3: The basic and primary regarding the school should be filled in the registration form which is appeared on the screen. There are some fields like school name, category, and government or aided or private, a number of students enrolled, details about teachers and staff, and contact details etc.
Step 4: Click on the ‘submit’ tab after all the mandatory fields are filled up with correct information by the applicant. After the submission of the application form, a password is generated by the system and that will be sent to the registered mobile number. This password helps to login into the web portal.
Step 5: There are some more fields under the ‘Online Survey’ tab to fill. These fields must be filled by the school authority one by one to complete the registration.
Step 6: Once the registration process is completed, the schools will be notified about the next process by the authority through phone or Email-ID. The authority of school should provide correct and valid details.
swachh Vidyalaya puraskar Awards Sections:
There are three categories in the awards section. These sections are divided according to the following levels
- National level: This level contains Only Green Category Schools. Only Green Category Schools are eligible for this level.
- State/ Union Territory level: This Level stifles Blue rated schools along with Green Category schools. That is, both blue rated and Green Category schools are eligible under the state or union territory level.
- District Level: All the three categories, Blue, Green and Yellow category schools are eligible under this level.
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar Guidelines Available Click Here